Sunday, June 5, 2011

37 Days

I know I haven't blogged in a while.  I've thought about it, really I have.  I just didn't really know what to say.  I'm 37 days sober, and it feels AMAZING.  I have had temptations for sure. "Just try this sangria - its so good!" "I made this simple syrup, there's only a little vodka in it, just try it."  This from friends who know I'm not drinking. 

Why, then, are they making it so hard?  Because they don't UNDERSTAND.  And really, how could they.  They've seen me go overboard, but think I'm just "fun."  They have no idea how far down the rabbit hole I fell.  So, I don't take it personally.  I just smile, and politely refuse (while digging my nails into the palms of my hands). 

In other news, I now have a huge reason to stay sober.  I'm pregnant.

Whew!

Yeah.  Big news.  I'm almost 6 weeks along.  And after doing some quick calculations, I discovered that I did, in fact, quit before I conceived.  Thank God!  My hubby and I have been trying for about 6 months and were getting worried that something may be up.  (Perhaps the occasional binge drinking is not super condusive to conceiving??).  Anyways, I'm super exicted, and scared, and nervous, and thrilled...

I know that I will stay sober.  For this 9 months...and beyond.  I'm still scared of relapse, but I know how to prevent it-by never taking that first drink.  Never relinquishing my hard won freedom.  Never giving in to well-meaning temptation.  I know that I'm worth fighting for.  Now I have an even more important reason to stay strong.

<3
Hope

3 comments:

  1. I just read your post. Wondering how you are doing. I calculated your babys birth to be around Jan?
    I liked your comment.....You know how to prevent relapse, never take the first drink. Its something I struggle with. But I need to remember one day at a time! Hope all is going great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just stumbled by here this morning - would love an honest update - come on, where are you at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best African Love Spell Caster-Get Your EX Lover Back Fast By Dr.Unity.
    My wife divorce me, she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore, So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. One day I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and told him my problems and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next 28hours, what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do and i did it, Then the next morning, So surprisingly!! my wife who did not call me for the past seven months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a Dr.Unity.If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com . Mike Robinson from England.

    ReplyDelete